MEC Foundation UK
Our charity’s main activity is the operation of Turkish Community Association and Kotku Mosque in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK. Activities run in the centre promotes education and provides leisure facilities. Additional events are also held to encourage and support the muslim faith.
Some of the services and activities carried out within our charity are listed below.
- Kotku Mosque, where daily prayers and Friday prayers are held, is within the body of our charity.
- Accommodation is provided in our association building for students who receive PhD education.
- Our charity has a weekend school where children take classes such as Turkish, Religion and Ethics, Robotic coding, Visual Arts, Life skills. Children are also given scouting trainings throughout the year.
- Quran and tajvid classes for children, youth and adults are given by the imam of Kotku Mosque.
- Turkish and English lessons and speaking clubs are organized for adults.
- Our charity hosts open days and organizations at different times of the year, such as the Iftar organization for 150 people that continues throughout the month of Ramadan.
Thank you for visiting TCA & Kotku Mosque. Our charity is located in Newcastle Upon Tyne and is open to anyone interested. We invite you to visit us and discover our services and activities run by our centre. This will give you an opportunity to meet our diverse and friendly community represented by dozens of different ethnicities. Hope to see you soon at our centre!
Metin Koyuncu, Director
A Place For You
Our Community Center takes pride in its heritage of diversity, open-mindedness, civic engagement and community building. Get to know what makes us tick — our approach to Islam and our definition of the Muslim identity, all of which shape the character of our community.